Jul 26, 2010

We grow 'em big & Closet Organization

Before we left for Montana, I had checked on our garden to see how everything was coming along.  We had quite a few zucchini that were about eight inches long.  {still a little small}  So I thought that after we got back from our trip {we were gone four days}, they would be the perfect size to start picking and I would get cracking on cutting and grating them to freeze for later use. 
Hahahahaha!!!  

{They look soooo much bigger in real life!}

Instead I was greeted with zucchinis so big you could probably literally club someone over the head with them.  {I didn't actually say that out loud when I saw them because I didn't want to give my five year old or two year old any ideas.  LOL!} 
After spending a few hours preparing as much of the zucchini as I could to freeze, my freezer just couldn't take any more.  So I split the rest between good neighbors and friends...who probably thought what the heck are you trying to feed us?!?
.
.
Now onto the next topic of the day {it probably needed it's own post but I'm too lazy to do that}.
 Please hold onto your chairs!!! 
I have to confess that I have a VERY messy closet in my upstairs hallway.

{Pardon the unfinished molding...we're still in the process of getting to that.}

It mostly stores games and craft stuff but a lot of other things have found their way in there too...like when company is coming over and you're rushing to clean the house so to quickly clean up clutter you shove random objects in a closet...anyone else do that too???

Well I'm not going to do that anymore.  I have a mother who is very good at organizing everything!  So much so that when I was younger I got really sick of hearing that word!...organize.
But there's a reason for it!!!  You know where everything is!  When someone in your household is looking for something{...and let's face it, if you're the mom in the house you're expected to know where every little thing is}, you can find it!
That's such a good feeling!

So starting this last weekend I got to work.  I'm far from done but I'll have an "after" picture for you by the end of this week, if not sooner.

Here's a little hint as to how I'm going to keep everything in it's own little organized space:


...and guess what?  I'm going to organize the whole thing without spending a dime!
Wish me luck!!!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Ohh goodness, I can't wait to see your finished product! :) Prepping for the move here is giving me a chance to clean out our kiddos rooms. I AM that nutty mom that likes super organized e v e r y t h i n g so I probably drive my kiddos a little nutty....OR they are going to grow up thinking that drawers and shelves get pretty all on their own! I can't decide which is worse! :)

We're excited to be out that way and close by one of R's shiftmates...we'll have to have a bbq/pool party at our house once we get settled!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...