Oct 1, 2014

31 Days Series: Make Your Home a Haven From the World


Hey Friends!  So the idea of doing this makes me a little nervous, but I have decided to take part in The Nester's 31 days writing series.  The topic I have chosen to write about every day, for the month of October, is "making your home a haven from the world".  

I'm not saying I'm an expert on this at all.  
But I'm a wife, 
a mother, 
and a homemaker.
I have the greatest desire to make my home a safe and happy place for my family.  A place where they can feel love and security.  A refuge from the storms of life.  A place where the spirit of the Lord may be felt by all who dwell here.

One of my favorite quotes about home is by David O McKay.  He said,"
The home is the first and most effective place for children to learn the lessons of life:  truth, honor, virtue, self-control; the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life.  Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home."

That last part is my favorite.  
"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." 
No matter what other amazing accomplishments I could do in this world, none of them can compare to the importance of the work I do in my own home.
*This is a 31 days series:  Make Your Home a Haven From the World .  I will be writing on this topic every day for the month of October.  Click on the link below to read the previous day(s).

(Day 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)

 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...