Oct 7, 2014

Make Your Home a Haven From the World - Day 7


If you are anything like me, a clean house makes you happy and a dirty house makes you grumpy.  That being said, my house is not always clean.  Sometimes it's because I'm just too stink-in busy to clean it and sometimes it's because I'm not in the mood and would rather check errands off my list or play with my family instead.  But either way, I need to make sure it's somewhat clean most of the time because otherwise I get grumpy with myself and my family, which in turn doesn't lead to a very happy family or a very happy home.  As much as I sometimes wish it wasn't always this way, we women are the heart of the home.  If we are not happy and at peace, everyone suffers.  

So.  Here's what I do when I have minimal time in my day to clean or the cleaning mood just hasn't struck for me that day...
I make beds.  The bed is the biggest thing in a room.  If it's neatly made, it immediately makes the room look somewhat put together.  
I wipe and clear clutter from surfaces like the dining room table and the counters in the kitchen and the bathroom.  
Sometimes I go into a room and time myself to pick up any clutter I see for five minutes.  Sometimes that alone can motivate me to work for five more minutes and then before I know it, most of the mess is cleaned up.  
My husband and I also try to keep our main living room, the one room in the house that always stays clean.  He finds it calming to come home from work and be able to relax in that one room if it feels orderly.  

Mostly, if I can just quickly go through the house picking up the clutter and wiping down large surfaces, the house quickly feels cleaner.  It may not be white glove clean, but it feels good enough.  I can feel happy and in turn, our home feels happier too. 

*This is a 31 days series:  Make Your Home a Haven From the World .  I will be writing on this topic every day for the month of October.  Click on the link on the sidebar to read the previous day(s) posts.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...