Oct 29, 2014

Make Your Home a Haven From the World - Day 20


(via)

Oh man!  Writing every day on this blog has obviously been a big fat fail for me.  Life happens, days fill up with other obligations, and priorities shift.  However, I'm determined to still share 31 days of ideas we can all use to make our homes a haven from the world.  I'm going to try my darnedest to write another 11 posts after this in the next few days.  They may be short little mini posts, but they'll be posts with heartfelt ideas nonetheless.

Ok.  So day 20.  Take Care of Yourself.  You set the mood for your home.  Your attitude reflects the spirit that is felt in the home big time!  So get enough rest.   I know this is easier said than done sometimes, but if you can, make it a priority to get those 8 hours of sleep or take a nap when little ones are napping too.

Eat right.  It's ok to sneak away into another room and induldge in some chocolate (I do it allll the time!), but make sure you're getting enough fruits and vegetables too.  Your body will thank you.

Exercise.  Man, when I'm consistent with this one, I sleep better, my mood is brighter, I feel stronger...  It's awesome!  Make time to exercise.  I wake up at five almost every morning to be able to fit this into my weekly schedule.  (Which means I have to go to bed early to get enough rest too.)  On days when you don't have enough time to exercise you can do things like park at the back of parking lots when you do your errands so you have to walk further to get into the store.  Do a few lunges up and down the hallway.  Do pushups or planks during commercial breaks if you're watching tv.  Just find small moments to fit it in and you'll be glad you did.

Do something you love to do.  This is probably the hardest one for me.  But when I'm getting a little cranky, stressed, or out of sorts, I like to create something around my house.  It could be a craft, moving some pillows around, taking pictures and sharing them on instagram.  Whatever.  I just like creating something and I usually feel better and better equipped to help those around me after I've fulfilled my own little need.

In the end, like the picture at the top of this post says, "Taking good care of me means the people in my life get the best of me, not what's left of me."

*This is a 31 days series:  Make Your Home a Haven From the World.  I will be writing on this topic every day for the month of October.  Click on the link on the sidebar to read the previous day(s) posts.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...