Jan 13, 2011

Weekend Challenge - 100 Things



I'm sure you all have very busy weekends ahead of you.
But if the January organization bug has hit you like it's hit me this year, I'd like to invite you to join me in getting rid of 100 things from your home this weekend.

Things you...

don't like

never use

haven't worn in a year

or don't have room to store.

One of my goals this year is to live a simpler life which entails having less stuff that just hangs around taking up space.  I want to simplify and only buy/keep/save up for the things that I truly love.
I would rather be surrounded by a few things that I love rather than a bunch of stuff that I kinda only sorta like.

So...

I'll fill you in on my progress on Monday.

If you care to join me, share your progress with me in the comment section.


{If you don't have a blog of your own and would still like to leave a comment, just click on anonymous under "comment as:    ".}

I will be donating my 100 things to my local Goodwill.


Here's to a happy more organized life!
Have a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

I am soooo with you on only surrounding myself with the things I love. I want to be able to look around my home and be proud of all that I see! Good luck with your 100 things! We're doing a garage and office clean out on Monday and I'm sure we will definitely hit the 100+ mark!

Julia said...

That is such a wonderful idea Robin!! I know it sounds crazy, but I always feel so much better getting rid of things. My home feels bigger, I can think more clearly, and LESS is MORE! I am joining you and will let you know how it goes:). Good luck with your 100 things!

~Julia

Beth's Blog said...

I'm in! I am already organizing and purging. I posted about it on my blog too!

Beth

kristine said...

good luck! i am excited for you and look forward to the results! i don't have 100 things bc i'm constantly purging. it helps that we are currently living out of town in a furnished apartment so when i go back to our house, i get rid of all the things we haven't needed while we've been gone. every trip home i take something to donate. now that we're going to be listing the house, i feel like i'm already ahead of the clutter and packing!! have fun! it's one of my favorite things to do!

Kelly said...

WHEW! Well, that big box at the foot of my stairs is overflowing - I had to move on to Hefty bags. :) I'm def ready for a run to Goodwill! What do you say next long weekend off for the boys we do a drop off AND a little browsing? ha ha

Robin {keephomesimple} said...

Kelly, I'm totally in!!! That sounds like a blast! We'll just have to share our plan with the husbands!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...