Nov 28, 2011

A Month of Gratitude - Day 28


Day 28:  My parents.
I owe a lot of who I am today to my parents. 
I don't know how I got so lucky to be raised by two really amazing people. 

They blessed me with such a loving and stable childhood. 
And now that I'm a parent myself, raising my own children, I realize how much work that really takes.
Through their examples they taught me to serve, to be kind and patient with others, to work hard, to take education seriously, and they taught me who I am and how I should live my life to the best of my ability. 

Now, as I take on the roll of a parent and they are now grandparents, their love and examples continue to bless my life and the life of my husband and children.  What a blessing it has been through the ups and downs of my life, to have such loving and supportive people, within my reach, my entire life. 
Love you mom and dad!

2 comments:

DeAnne said...

you are very fortunate indeed! I can tell that you were in fact raised in a loving and stable environment. I don't know you that well yet, but it definitely shows. I am glad to have good examples, like you, to follow!

Robin {keephomesimple} said...

DeAnne, you are a sweetheart. thank you for that sweet comment. thanks for being such a good role model as well. We need to get together again soon. Maybe we'll see each other at Valerie's Christmas party next week???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...