Oct 29, 2012

How to Clean Dirty Blinds

I posted about how I clean my blinds back in THIS post in 2010.
Well guess what my fabulous friends, I haven't hardly touched those blinds since then.
Isn't that pathetic?  Don't answer that.  

Anyway, here's a re-cap for those of you who may be new to my blog:

Mix equal parts vinegar + water in a bowl. 

Then slip an old sock on your hand, dip your hand (with the sock on it) into the vinegar and water mixture and wipe down each individual slat on the blinds. 
After every couple of slats, dip the sock on your hand into the cleaner and squeeze it a bit to rinse off the dirt.

It's also helpful to have a second old sock.  Once all the slats have been cleaned, slip the second old sock onto your hand and dry off each slat.

The result is beautiful!
Cleaning blinds is not my favorite chore in the world.  (obviously)
But cleaning them is really not that difficult.  
Especially when using an old sock, which is way less bulky to use in-between all those small spaces, than an old rag would be.

Happy Cleaning!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...