Sep 2, 2013

Back To School Party


Last Friday I threw a "Back to School" party for my three kiddos.  
You see, we have decided to home school for the next couple of years.  
Yup.  
This decision kind of came out of the blue for us.  
A decision I will explain in my next post (along with a tour of our new school room, errr ...area).  
But anyway, it was a hard but happy first week at school for my children as well as for myself.  
So I thought a party was just what we needed to start the year out on a high note.

The invitations given to several of our best-est friends, were about as simple as they come.
The supplies included black construction paper + white crayola crayons. 
That's it.  
Together those supplies work like magic to give the subtle illusion of a chalkboard.  
(Very back to school-like.)


 The setting was simple.  Just a big green back yard and a picnic table full of goodies.


After school snacks included buttery microwave popcorn... 


sprinkled with gummy worms, loaded into a brown paper sack, cut short.
Apples and juice boxes were included too.



My favorite party accent were these "lined paper" paper napkins I picked up in Target's dollar section.  Seriously.
I still can't get over how cute they are.

My children and their school friends, climbed trees, played tag, ate and ate and ate, played minute to win it games with shaving cream, and giggled and screamed LOTS like children seem to do when they're together in bunches.  It was a blast.


************************************

Come back later this week to see our new home school room!

2 comments:

Jason and Michelle said...

I love the napkins!

Unknown said...

Funny! I was commenting just to say I love the napkins too! I also keep eyeballing those gummy bears in that one picture. Okay, one last thing: I just adore globes! Don't you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...