May 31, 2010

Cheap Chandelier Makeover


Almost one year ago we moved into a house with great bones.  Great Bones and old style, including the house's original ugly, ugly, ugly disgusting vintage bright orange carpet from the 1970's.  Our dining room also included a very lovely chandelier...not quite my style.  And since the whole house was in need of a makeover, our budget was being worn thin. 


So in came Mr. One Dollar Can of Spray Paint.

My hubby unwired the chandelier for me and hung it in the garage so I could paint it. 
(I don't have a picture of that step.)

After two cans of spray paint, this was the result.



Our dining room is still a work in progress.
But spray painting the chandelier was a fast, inexpensive and easy step to tide us over until we're able to purchase the chandelier of our dreams!
So Simple.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! I love what you are doing with your new blog. Keep up the good work. The photography and all is so wonderfully done. Hugs, MOM

ericksonzone said...

We never got to see the orange carpet. That would have been a sight. I love the look you have going now. So classy!

Jill said...

Your house is looking so nice. Great work. Love all of your great ideas!

Anonymous said...

First Aww I love the comment from your mom!!!! How sweet is that!! Second love the new chandy! Third what are you looking at out the door? Do I see water!? Close up of that is needed!!!

Robin {keephomesimple} said...

Holly-
LOL!!! It does kind of look like water doesn't it! I so wish it was!!! It's just lots of fields and a few random big houses. I think the sky was just really blue that day!
Thanks for being my newest follower!!!
-Robin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...