Aug 5, 2010

Back to School Bag

My daughter wanted a new bag for school this year.
{She's going into the second grade and was tired of the Barbie back pack she got back when she started kindergarten.}
So long story short, because she needed a lesson in the value of the hard earned dollar, she did some extra chores and bought this cross body bag with her own money at Michaels.
With a 40% off coupon it was only $6.00!


I told her that I would dress it up a bit for her.
So I did.
I gathered my handy dandy glue gun, some left over fabric, and some beads and made a few flowers that I grouped together and glued onto the bag.
Fabric flower tutorials can be found:
and


She loves it!


It's already hanging up and she's ready to go back to school in style.


3 comments:

Kelly said...

Very cute! :) We are almost all wrapped up for back-to-school around here too...the school supply lists seemed endless and almost bizarre in their specifications!

Let me know if a day in the next week or so works out for a matinee..?

Meghan said...

WoW! Love it.

Robin {keephomesimple} said...

Kelly,
Just about any of the boys' days off would work for me! Just grab our number from your hubby (hopefully he has it) and we can work out the details!
~Robin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...