Aug 9, 2010

Clothespin Inspiration...

Did you know that wooden spring clothespins have been around since 1853???
Wow, that's a lot of years! 
 
{image courtesy of google}

I LOVE clothespins because they're cheap and you can use them for so many different things.
I just used them a couple weeks ago HERE!
Country Living magazine also had some great ideas for using clothespins in this month's issue. 
Here are a few of my favorites that I'm going to store away in my  "someday I want to try that - idea folder"
{anyone else have one of those???}



For this first idea, find an old mirror at a thrift store, a yard sale...or even the back of your closet, and give it a new life!

Separately, spray paint the border of the mirror and the clothespins in your favorite color and then hot glue the clothes pins all around the mirror.

Adorable!!!
{image courtesy of country living magazine}


If you're not afraid to use hot glue on your cabinet doors, hot glue a few clothespins to the inside of one of your cabinets to store items you often use in the kitchen, but don't want to showcase.
Such a cute way to stay organized!!!

{image courtesy of country living magazine}


Lastly, I totally want to make one of these for my youngest little girls room for hanging sweaters in the fall.
This look could be obtained just layering together scrap pieces of wood for the top mantlepiece and then hot gluing clothespins to the adjoining board and covering the whole thing with your favorite color of spray paint.

Chic. Useful. Easy.
{image courtesy of country living magazine}

3 comments:

Sassy Sites! said...

Very cute! Who knew that clothespins could be used as decor?!! :)

Laurie in SC said...

What a great post!!! Such cool ideas and even some clothespin history!! TFS!

Letting Fear Go said...

I really like the last idea for the clothespins and might try it myself. Thanks for sharing! I found your blog through The Shabby Nest and enjoy reading your practical ideas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...