Jun 28, 2011

Easy Cheesecake Recipe


 Next to anything chocolate, cheesecake is my second favorite dessert.  I usually just buy my cheesecake {Costco has a really great one!}, but when I tried this one at a friend's house a few months back, I was smitten.  Not only did it taste good but it was sooo easy to make!  
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recipe for Cheesecake:

2 8oz. cream cheese
1 8oz. tub of whipped cream
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

warm cream cheese in the microwave for 1 minute :: then, in a bowl, cream together all of the above ingredients.  Set aside.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cheesecake Crust:

option 1:  6 Tbs butter {melted}
                9 whole graham crackers {crushed}
                1/4 cup sugar
               mix melted butter, crushed graham crackers, and sugar in a bowl :: then pour mixture in a pie plate                   and press down around the bottom and all the way around the sides.

option 2:   buy a ready-made graham cracker crust!

Add cheesecake mixture to graham cracker crust and refrigerate for three hours {...or less if you just can't wait to try it!}.

For extra flava I topped my cheesecake with some strawberries.  {the only kind I had were frozen, so I defrosted them a bit in the microwave...still tasted yummy.}  However, drizzled chocolate or any other kind of berry would be delicious too.

And that's that!  It's so simple, isn't it?  
I. Love. It!

2 comments:

Julia said...

This looks so wonderful! I am definitely going to try it!

~Julia

SPM said...

My husband doesn't like cheesecake at all, but I love it! This looks yummy! Do you know if this cheesecake has a "heavy cream cheese" taste? Or do you know of a simple recipe that might be a good medium ground?

~Samantha

http://misformetamorphosis.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...