Nov 8, 2011

Decorating for November

Before November's completely over and we've all moved onto December and Christmas, I just wanted to share with you the little bits of decor I have up for November.
It really didn't change a ton from what I had up in October.
It's just less Halloween oriented and more fall-nature / thankful oriented.

November Mantle:

- Vases filled with corn stalk tassels {These were actually from last years corn stalks.  I had wrapped them carefully in grocery bags and saved them in my "fall decorating" box.}

- Hurricanes filled with cinnamon pine cones {kept from last year}.

- Crow silhouette plates {tutorial found here}.
 
- Green, Orange, and white pumpkins from the grocery store

- The last thing I added to my November Mantle was the burlap Give Thanks pendant banner.
I started the makings of this banner last month during a craft night I held at my house.

November Banister:
Leaf garland makes this banister festive.  {garland tutorial found here}.


November Reminder.
This is a great reminder all the time, actually.
So I'll probably leave it up all year long.
I put this frame all together today.  The frame I found at Michael's.  It was originally $20.99.  But it was missing the glass so it was on clearance for $5.49.   
I wrapped some burlap around the cardboard backing of the frame and then fit the frame back on top of it.  I used stencils {purchased previously at Michael's}, to say "Count Your Blessings" on the burlap.
I love the simplicity of this project and I love the thankful message it displays too.

So there you have it!  There's my decorating for November.
Happy Tuesday Everyone!

2 comments:

karen★ said...

i really REALLY love the burlap projects you made! they are so sweet & pretty. i love that you didn't skip november because your decorations are great!

Courtney said...

LOVE burlap ;) I use it whenever and wherever I can! Thanks for more ideas!
Courtney
www.stylizedesign.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...