Mar 9, 2012

March

I'm so happy that it is finally March!  Today we reached 70 degrees (pretty rare for this time of year around here), and it gave me so much hope for spring.  To say that I'm done with Winter right now would be an understatement.

Anyway, I just wanted to share some of what I've been up to this month so far.


In early February I came across a perpetual daily journal calendar at suttongrace.com and just fell in love with the idea. 
I am one of the world's worst  journal keepers, but I don't want to forget the little day to day things that go on in my life. 
So this idea is perfect for me. 
I bought the white ceramic berry basket from HERE, some 4x6 lined cards at the dollar store, cut the cards in half to fit into the basket, and now I have these little mini note cards to write down something simple that happened each day.  It's perfect.
And next year, I can just go back and write the new year halfway down the note card and put a new note on it for that same day (i.e. Feb 13, 2012 and then halfway down the page, Feb 13, 2013). 
Wouldn't it be so cool to be able to see exactly what you did on each day ...exactly one year ago!



During the last few weeks I've also tried to fine tune my homemaking skills by making all the bread our family eats, instead of buying it. 
I found this amazing Great Harvest Honey Whole Wheat Bread recipe on Pinterest.
It only uses 5 ingredients, has zero fat, and tastes A-mazing!
There is nothing better than the smell of homemade bread too. 
It makes your whole house smell divine!!!


Lastly, I have found a new (to me) favorite work out video.  The famous Jillian Michaels really knows her stuff.  I love her work outs so much that my husband and I have decided to quite our gym membership and just stick with her.  She's made us more sore and is whipping us in better shape than any workout I've ever gotten on the elliptical anyway.  Love her!

Well that's it for now!  I have a few small projects in the works that I'd love to share with you soon, but they're not quite finished yet.  Hopefully I'll be able to get on top of them sometime next week.  But if our weather around here was as nice as it was today, I'll be outside playing as much as possible and the projects will just have to wait.   :)

Happy weekend everyone!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh.my.goodness. I just wrote a blog too about how gorgeous the weather was today! My face felt 'itchy' and dry tonight, and wouldn't you know it - one day of sunshine on this fair skin and I have a little sunburn?? ha ha

And, good for you guys on dumping the gym. We did the same with our's. I have been doing so much more outside or at home in the early hours before kiddos wake up that it just wasn't worth the membership fee anymore.

Enjoy the weekend!

melanie said...

Have you ever done Jillian's 30 dat shred? It's a good one too. You can borrow it anytime. Right now it's collecting dust, I'm too scared of her since having Owen. I need to get some walking in before I give my muscles that wake up call!

Julia said...

I love all of your ideas! The little notecards are so neat. I am going to try it! I have heard Jillian Michaels is a great workout...definitely looking for that one on Amazon!

Have a great day. It is going to be warm again here!!:)

~Julia

Kelly said...

Robin - where did you get your wheat flour for the bread? Did you grind it on your own? Thanks!

Keep Home Simple said...

Kelly, I used whole wheat bread flour from the bulk section in Winco. I WISH I had a wheat grinder to grind my own. (Maybe I should start giving hints to the hubs now as to what I want for next Christmas!)
:)
Anyway, hope that helps!

Kelly said...

THANK YOU, sweet girl!! Maybe littlest boy and I will have to make our way over to Winco tomorrow to peruse the bulk section!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...