Nov 16, 2012

Airbourne Fruit and Veggie Shake


Last December my little family and I all took turns with a nasty stomach bug.  Some of us got it once, some of us got it twice, and my youngest, unfortunately, had it three different times (one of those times happened to be Christmas day)!  It was a rough month.  

So this year, I'm doing my best to keep my family as healthy as possible this holiday season.  
Three to four nights each week, for the past couple of weeks, I have been serving an airborne fruit and veggie shake with our dinner to pump up our immune systems. Here's how I make it:

In a blender add...
2 Cups cold water
2 Cups fresh spinach leaves
1-2 Airbourne tablets

Blend for 20-30 seconds.
Then add...

1 Cup frozen blueberries
4 Cups frozen strawberries
2 Tbs. orange juice concentrate
1 Tbs. sugar

Blend and serve.
This recipe serves my whole family (2 adults + 3 children).
It's delicious!!!

Of course, if you want to be extra healthy, you can eliminate the orange juice concentrate and the sugar and add something like honey instead.

Also, just fyi,  I did notice on the back of the Airbourne packaging that Airbourne is not always recommended for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.   

..........................................

Wishing you and yours a healthy + happy holiday season this year!

1 comments:

Shannon Rice said...

This sounds delicious and what a smart idea to help prevent the cold!

Shannon
bigdreamsandexpensivetaste.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...