Jan 10, 2013

Add Color To a Room Without Spending a Dime


A few days after Christmas, the house was quite.  My three kiddos were happily playing outside in the snow together and my husband was at work.  So I found a cute cheesey Christmas movie on Netflix (a chick flick type one, that I knew my husband would mock if he were home.  ha!)  and decided to watch it while I took down all of our Christmas decorations. 

After nearly everything was packed away and our fresh tree was set out on the curb for garbage pick up, I realized how empty and bare our living room looked.  It was clean and simple, which was fine, but it lacked color.  I wanted to add some colorful accessories to the room without spending any money.

Then I remembered that a dear friend of ours had so generously just given us three big boxes of books.  They were just sitting in our guest room, waiting to be read and put on a shelf somewhere.  I decided to look through them and see if any of them had covers that would match the colors I had in my living room.  

I found just what I was looking for.  Three greenish-bluish books.  I stacked them right on top of each other and, in a subtle way, they instantly added more color to the room.  

I was thrilled to know that I didn't have to spend any money to add more color to our living room.  All I had to do was find some colorful books!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...