Nov 16, 2013

Our Chalkboard Thankful Tree


You may or may not have noticed lately that I've taken a little break from blogging.  I knew blogging would most likely take a back seat when I made the decision to home school my three children this past summer.  Life is definitely more busy now than it ever used to be.  Home schooling is harrrrd work.  Just as hard as every home schooling mom told me it would be.  But it's worth it.  It's such a blessing to be able to spend the whole day with my children.  Because children definitely don't keep.

We are in full holiday mode around here.  Our house has been decorated with orange and white pumpkins and other fall decor since mid September.  I love those orange and white pumpkins, especially the cute tiny ones, but I'm so ready to break out our Christmas boxes already.  But I'm holding out, waiting till after Thanksgiving, as per our family tradition.  Besides, there is so much to be thankful for.  I want our family to be focused on all the blessings that we have been given, before the Christmas lists get longer and longer.  We definitely have so much to be thankful for.

I've made thankful trees for the month of November before.  Most of them were out of branches.  This year I decided to make it even simpler and use the standing chalkboard we have in our dining room.  I drew a tree with several branches on it.  Each branch is a line for our family to write down the things we are grateful for.  The branches filled up really fast.  It really got all of us thinking that even the little things we take for granted, are huge blessings in our lives.  The bonus effect from this thankful tree is that it gives us grateful hearts.  

A grateful heart is a happy heart.



1 comments:

Jessica said...

It turned out so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...