Oct 31, 2014

Make Your Home a Haven From the World - Day 29

This picture doesn't really have anything to do with my post today.  But on this cold, rainy, dreary October day, this picture reminds me of summer.  And making the yummiest apricot jam.  And plus.  What I want to write about today is how staying organized and keeping our homes in order, can make our homes feel more like a haven.  However, after a church Halloween party last night and then rushing a husband off to work and three children off to school, I looked around my house and saw absolutely nothing that looked organized or in order to take a picture of.  Ha!  So this post is very much for me too.  

I am not the most organized person.  It's something I really want to be better at though.  I know my life and my family's life at home run soooo much smoother when things are in order and my home is organized.  To be honest, I act cranky when my house is cluttered.  I don't want to be a cranky mom or wife.  Also, when I get asked a dozen times a day, "Mom/Honey!  Where is...", I like to know the answer to that question.  :)

Albert Einstein said, "Out of clutter, find simplicity."  I like simplicity.  So this weekend, I'm hoping to find some time to clean, de-clutter, and organize a few spots in our home.  I know our life will run smoother and our home will feel more peaceful.

*This is a 31 days series:  Make Your Home a Haven From the World.  I will be writing on this topic every day for the month of October.  Click on the link on the sidebar to read the previous day(s) posts.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...