Feb 14, 2011

Masterbedroom Mini-Makeover Reveal

So remember in my last post how I said I was going to do a little mini makeover this weekend to our master bedroom?
And I was going to do it while my husband was at work so that I could surprise him?
{As a little pre-Valentine's day present.}

Well it worked out perfect.
He had no clue about the surprise.

Now, before I show you the final mini-makeover reveal, let me just give you an idea of what we started out with in this room.

These before pictures are from the day we moved in.
.
.
.

{Yee-haw!}

 {Nice, huh?}

{In my humble opinion, wooden shingles belong on a roof, not on a wall.}

{Wow.  Nice doors.
...just not exactly my style.}

{Remember when I said here that I had terribly ugly carpet in my bedroom.  I didn't lie.}

{I'm guessing this could win an ugly carpet contest, no?
It does make for a wonderful drop cloth while we're redoing the room though.}

{19 months later, here we are.  I left the bed unmade. 
It makes for a better before picture. HA!}

{Laundry + things to be sold on Craigslist = super duper embarrassingly messy bedroom.}

And...
here is the result of the mini-makeover.

The swinging doors were replaced with a normal door almost immediately after we moved in.
The changes I did make last weekend were:
Fresh grey paint on the walls.
White paint on the beginning stages of what will be some awesome board and batten molding around the entire room.
Brand new fluffy white pillows to sleep on.
Framed pictures of my husband and I.
Plus I brought down the matching lamp, that is on the little matching tables by our bed, from another room.



And the last thing I rushed to do at the end of the night was make that tiny little book wreath to hang on the fireplace.


Obviously, a lot of things still need to happen in this room for it to be complete.
The carpet desperately needs to be replaced.
The board and batten molding needs to be finished around the entire room.
We'd like to add some bookcases to either side of the fireplace and maybe a couple of comfy leather chairs for reading by a nice cozy fire down here late at night.
We'd also like to buy/make a nice bed frame for our bed.  The one we have now my husband actually made with some of the beams that used to be hanging on the ceiling in this room.
{It works for now.}

Overall, we've come a long way baby.
...and my husband was thrilled with the small simple changes.


p.s. Happy Valentine's Day!


linked to:
Making the World Cuter
Skip to My Lou
Blue Cricket Design

5 comments:

Haley said...

Wow! What a transformation from move-in day to now! Looks great.

LouAnneL said...

Wow.. what a huge difference!! Beautiful!

Shelly said...

I've been following your blog for a while, so hi! And WOW, I can't believe the room in the move in pictures are the same as the new pictures. If the carpeting wasn't the same I wouldn't have known!

Lost in the Laundry said...

Hey Robin - I love checking in on your blog...such fun ideas. When you were talking shelves and making a bed frame, I thought I'd share with you one of my favorite sites. It's a furniture plan/building site. Check it out, but give yourself plenty of time - you'll walk away wanting to make so many pieces.

ana-white.com

Brooke @ Finding Home said...

I must say... I don't even noticce the carpet since you've re-done the room! Looks amazing!

Visiting from The Thrifty Home Penny Pinching Party

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...