Oct 4, 2011

DIY White Wooden Words

So, have any of you seen these white-canvas-white-wooden-letter art pieces around lately???
I think they are so simple + beautiful.


The amazing thing about them...

They can say anything you want them to say.

 


This is my own version of white worded art:

Wood, in place of a canvas {only because I already had it laying around in my garage so obviously, it was cheaper to use.}

Wooden Letters { I bought mine at Hobby Lobby.  Each letter came in a package of 4-5 letters and cost 99 cents per package.  **Bonus, these were on sale for 50% off when I bought them.  Score!}

Glue {Elmer's Glue, School Glue, whatever you have around the house.}

White Spray Paint {Walmart $1.00 ...or the more expensive kind, if that's what you prefer.}  

My Total Cost:   $6.50


Simply play with the letters on your board until you figure out how/where you want to place them.  Then glue them in place with your glue.  After the glue has dried, give the entire piece a couple coats of white spray paint. And you're done!  I think this is one of the fastest projects I have ever done and I really like how it turned out.


Like I said before, this type of project could say anything!

Wouldn't it be lovely to turn this kind of project into a wedding present?
Using the bride and groom's first initials you could say, for example:

A + B
established 2011

What a fun addition for a couple's new home together.

The possibilities of what you could come up with combining wood/white canvas + white wooden letters are endless!

Happy Wednesday Everyone!


linked here:  


13 comments:

Liz said...

I have seen these on pinterest! And I love them.

I like your spin on it! So cute!

Robin said...

I hadn't seen these yet! Where have I been. I think they are fantastic. The wordage you picked out is perfect.

claudia b said...

Oooh, these look great! I need to try it :D

Heather said...

This is just lovely. What a great gift idea for the upcoming holidays. Saw this over at 320*Sycamore's linky party and just knew I had to check it out. Thanks for sharing!

Girl of The Grove said...

Ooh...LOVE this! Would be great Christmas gifts. : )

Just Simply Live said...

Oh I love this, can't wait to make one. thank you for the idea :)

Emily said...

Easy and beautiful! I think I may try to make something like this for my sister-in-law's baby shower gift.

Kelsey @ Tattered and Inked said...

I've seen a lot of this around but yours is simply beautiful! You did a great job- saw you over at 320 Sycamore :)

evelania said...

Super Cute! Thanks for the idea and tutorial!

melissa * 320 Sycamore said...

Robin~I love this! So clean and classic~thanks for joining us. Have a great weekend!

Sarah said...

This turned out great. I have seen this ideas before too and keep thinking that i'd try it myself...I might to something for the holiday! Thanks for the inspiration.

Mommy Minded said...

Love it.

Beth's Blog said...

I LOVE that!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...