Jun 11, 2010

Chalkboard Slates

Today was the last day of school.
Yeah for summer vacation!
However, in an effort to keep my children's minds from turning into mush this summer, we plan on setting aside about 20 minutes each morning for "Summer School".
And, to make it more fun and in order to use less paper, I wanted each of my children to have their own chalkboards.
So I scrounged through our game closet and found these old chalkboards I had bought from the dollar store a few years ago. 
We never used them much because the boards were kind of slippery to write on, like they weren't real chalkboards.
But they were perfect for repainting with chalkboard paint.
So that's what I did!


I lightly sanded all three boards, painted them, and then wrote each of my children's names at the top using a Chalk Marker, just as I did with my Chore Chart.


My kids were really excited to see their names on their boards!
(That should definitely keep the arguments over who's is who's to a minimum!)



Welcome to Summer School!

2 comments:

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

So cute! Where do you find chalk marker??

Robin {keephomesimple} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...