Jun 10, 2010

Easy Cheesy Parmesan Chicken Strips

I like to cook, but I'm not in love with cooking.
So any recipe that calls for only a handful of ingredients (that I can pronounce) and that only require a few simple steps, is my kind of recipe.

Easy Cheesy Parmesan Chicken Strips
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" strips
(or you can be lazy like me and just buy the big bag of frozen tenderloins from Costco that are already in 1" strips)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning in one bowl. 
In another bowl mix the melted butter and the olive oil. 
Then dip the chicken strips in the butter/oil mix and then coat it in the breading mix.


Lay the strips in a flat baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes.


These are so yummy!  I think I have some of the pickiest children on the planet, but this is something they will actually eat!!!
My daughter was SO disappointed when she saw me making this around dinner time tonight and I had to tell her that they were for a family in our church who's mother just had surgery.
I told her not to worry.
I'll definitely be making them again before the week is over.


Try them!
You'll love them too!

2 comments:

Darlene said...

Made this for dinner last night. Everyone LOVED it!! And it made our house smell like a yummy pizza parlor!

Paula said...

Well, if you say you have picky kids...then I've gotta try it! I've got one of the pickiest ever! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...