Sep 23, 2010

What to do with Fall leaves...

One of my favorite things about the Fall season is watching the leaves change colors.
They are beeeeauuutiful!
Red, orange, yellow!  What a loving Father in Heaven we have to give us the beauty of these colors in nature and to let us enjoy them!

I have some great memories when I was younger of making giant leaf piles with all the fallen leaves around my cousins front yard and then taking turns running and jumping into them.

Now that I'm a mom, I get to make giant leaf piles for my kids to jump into.
It's so fun!

The other day I also found some other ideas for Fall leaves... besides jumping into them.

Display them in your home! 
Find some small glass bottles or vases, go on a little nature walk at a park or around your neighborhood, and pick up some leaves or small branches off the ground and make a cute little centerpiece with them.
Why not enjoy nature inside too!


Make A Decoupaged Leaf Alphabet
Gather a bunch of fallen leaves and mod podge them to card stock in the shape of animals or objects that start with all the different letters of the alphabet. 
This would be such a fun project to do on a rainy day with my kids!
I think I'm going to have to try it.


Felt Leaf Pillow
Find a really pretty fall leaf and use it as inspiration for a fall pillow!
Cut some fall colored felt into the shape of a leaf and stitch it onto a plain pillow.
What a nice way to cozy up a space for the fall holidays ahead!



***Also, check back this weekend to see a fun DIY storage solution project that I've been working on!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...