Jan 24, 2012

Snow Cream + A Fabric Bulletin Board

I have really enjoyed my short break from blogging.  It's taught me a lot of things:  like to slow down!!!  play more with my kiddos!!!  be my own kind of creative!!!  enjoy the current fleeting moments that will never last!!!  I feel like I'm finally ready to blog again, but I'm going to take it slow.  I'm only going to blog when I feel like it.  I'm not going to put myself on any silly schedule or put undue pressure on myself that is totally not necessary {I don't know why I'm constantly having to tell myself that.  Please tell me I'm not the only one!}  And in the mean time I'm going to live and soak up every moment I can being a young mom and wife.  Life is so great!  It's not perfect {at all!!!}.  But it's still so great!  Lots of things to learn and do everyday.  And speaking of doing things.  Here are a couple of things I've done during my blogging break. 

The first one is Snow Cream.


My mom emailed me this recipe last week.  The timing couldn't have been more perfect either.  We were finally getting snow around these parts, school was cancelled, and we needed some "I'm bored mom!" inspiration.  So you want the recipe too?  Okay, here goes:
1 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
4-5 Cups of Fresh Snow

Directions:  Bring a bowl outside and scoop up 4-5 cups of fresh, clean snow. Bring it in the house and set it in the freezer until you need it. Mix together milk, vanilla, and sugar, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
Slowly add the snow to your mixture, stirring constantly, until it is as thick as ice cream. Chill in the freezer for 30 minutes and then take it out and enjoy!

We added  oreo's and chocolate syrup to ours. It was sooooo good, I'm not even kidding.
If you double the recipe you'll have enough not just for the kiddos to enjoy, but for the whole family.

The next project I wanted to share with you is this fabric covered bulletin board. 


I've had this bulletin board hanging on my fridge {by several magnets hot glued to the back} for about 6 years.  I put it together while we were still living in Utah.  So it's been a long time.  I really like having it.  It's a fun way to display pictures, cards, etc. from friends and it keeps everything on the fridge looking a little neater.  Plus it's cute!  Anyway, I was getting tired of the black and white fabric it was sporting.


So I decided to change it to this hip and fun gray and white chevron material.  This fat quarter cost me three dollars at a local craft store.  Totally worth the three dollars if you ask me.  And if you noticed, I also switched out the fake lemons in my apothecary jar for green limes.  I don't know, it's just something about the dreariness of winter that was making me miss the color green.  I needed some green in my kitchen to liven up my mood.  And it totally worked.  Those limes make me happy when I look at them.  Silly, I know, but it's true.

Alright, so I'll probably be back later this week with another simple project or two that I did during my blogging break.  {But no promises, because life happens.}
C-ya then friends!

2 comments:

DeAnne said...

good for you for slowing down! you are an inspiration in many ways :)

Robin Johnson said...

You had the right idea, taking the time to slow down is something we busy moms don't normally put a priority on. I'm sure your whole family appreciated a slightly unstressed mommy! LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...