Feb 8, 2011

Lentil Taco Recipe


Ingredients:
1 cup lentils
6 cups water
1 pkg taco seasoning
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 cup chopped onion {optional}

Add all of the above ingredients to a frying pan on the stove and heat until it starts to boil. 
Then lower the heat and simmer for 45 minutes or until the lentils are soft.

Scoop the lentil mixture onto a soft tortilla or crispy taco shell.
Top with: 
cheese
lettuce
tomatoes
salsa
 & sour cream.


I LOVE this recipe because it's simple, cheap doesn't cost much, and my kids will actually eat it.
It's a great alternative to ground beef or turkey and it tastes great!
Trust me.  You'll have to try it.


On a totally different note
...

I started taping off the walls in the play room for some fun stripes I've been wanting to do, like I mentioned {here}.
This is not a huge room but it's still taking me forever to get the tape up and straight.
I'm sure once that's all done, the painting of the stripes will go much quicker.
I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Thanks for the recipe. Now all I need are lentils. Lovin' the blog. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

I totally stole this recipe from you! We had the tacos on friday, and used the leftover for nachos on saturday. And Sunday morning, we made breakfast burritos.:D My 3 year old even ate it, and she never eats meat! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...