Sep 27, 2011

Simple Fall/Hallowen Mantle


This morning the leaves on the trees outside my window are rustling in the wind, the sky is gray, and the air is cool.  {luckily I took this picture last week when the sun was still shinning!}  It definitely feels like a fall day, the first one of the year {so exciting!}.  I'm looking forward to baking something yummy in the oven later this afternoon to warm the house up and welcome my kiddos home from school.  I LOVE this time of year!

I recently decorated my mantle for fall...well mostly for Halloween.  After October 31st, I'll change some of the decor out to reflect more of a harvest/Thanksgiving theme.  Anyway, this is what I've done for now:

{A lot of this I had from last year, as seen HERE, except this year I get to decorate it on my newly remodeled mantle --my husband built it last December}.

+ Black spray painted branches from the back yard in clearance vases from Michael's
+ A pair of Goodwill hurricanes filled with about four big bags of candy corn and labeled "Pumpkin Teeth"
+ Two Goodwill plates, spray painted white with a mod podged black crow that I found online.  {just googled black crow and this image came up right away}

Simple right?  I love simple.  
This weekend our family is going to head down to a local u-pick pumpkin patch to pick a variety of pumpkins and fun lumpy gourds and I'll add those to the large galvanized bucket I have sitting on the hearth of the fireplace.  I can't wait!
Isn't fall the best??? 

Today I'm joining Layla's Fall Link Party.  Check it out for some amazing fall inspiration!

The Lettered Cottage

4 comments:

DeAnne said...

That looks great! I just really want your mantle mostly :)

the cape on the corner said...

love the twigs and those vases-perfect for halloween!

A Vintage Vine said...

Cute! Love the plates!

Glenda @ Magnolia Bend Drive said...

Hi, I like your plates, and the statue of Christ. I have a TV above my mantel, and think I will use your inspiration of the candy corn... thats about all the room I have above my mantel.

Happy Fall!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...